Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Times...they are a changin!

And I'm not sure I like it much. :oP

I haven't been updating my blog much these last few months, because, as some of you know, I've been working to get my teenager ready to enter public school for the first time. *gulp* I know many moms who are used to having their kids in school all day, but I've been homeschooling for the last 12 years, and so this is alot like his first day of "K" for me. *sniff*

The transition has actually been very good for him. He's learning to answer to other authorities in his life, and having to live on a more rigid schedule. I've been a very relaxed homeschooler for the most part, so this is a good change for him, too. I think he's also realized that we aren't the only parents in the world that have expectations and boundaries for our children.

As much as I miss him being around day-in and day-out, I'm so proud of him for doing what's necessary to make his dreams come true. He only decided to go to public school this year so he could start playing football in the fall. He's very athletic, and even though he doesn't like "the system" he's having to get used to, he's willing.

I'd like to say this is a character quality he's learned from me. But I'm not sure that's the case. LOL!

No comments: